Our lives revolve around the internet. And for those of us with social media accounts, Facebook is most definitely, slowly but surely, taking over our lives. Not that it’s necessarily a bad thing; it really depends on your point of view. But the company undoubtedly has a lot of good ideas, for example their most recent update that allows Facebook users to get better Events functionality.
- 600,000 hacking attempts are made against Facebook accounts every day
- A user spends 40 minutes on the social media platform each day, on average
- Smartphone users check their Facebook pages 14 times a day, on average
- There are, on average, 3.74 degrees of separation between you and any other Facebook user
- Facebook has been blocked in China since 2009, along with Twitter and the New York Times
- More US citizens have Facebook accounts than have voted in the last election
We all know the Events function offered by Facebook, as long as we have an account anyway, and to be honest, it’s kind of hit and miss.
Sure, you get invited to events, and you find out about stuff going on near you that you didn’t know about, but for every even you’re interested in, you get invited to at least 5 others that you don’t care about.
In an attempt to improve the feature, Facebook has decided to make a few changes for the iOS version, and if the new and improved feature is a success, it will become available for other platforms as well.
The new Events section basically offers a different event browsing experience, as well as new recommendation feature.
First of all, you can now specify the date when you want to find an event, and you will be able to see all events taking place around you. And don’t worry if you’re not in your home town, you can change the city where you want the event to be.
Not only that, but now you can select the type of event you want to attend, like Causes, Community, Film & Photography, Fine Arts & Crafts, Food & Drinks, Music, Nightlife, Performing Arts, and Sports & Fitness.
Facebook will allow you to see all events in the selected category taking place in the city you’re in, and even around the city.
According to people who have used it, the new feature is indeed very able to deliver. It is much easier to use, and it also provides additional, useful information, of which you could not be made privy before.
Image source: Pixabay